Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Jay

13 years ago today Jay and I had our big wedding. We got married in Jay's hometown church in Dubois, Pa. Then after our wedding ceremony we went to our reception. There was lots of food, drinking and dancing.

Jay's sister, Jacque, made my wedding dress and all the bridesmaids, jr. bridesmaids and flowergirls dresses.

I doubt my girls will ever be able to wear my dress when they get married (because my girls are short). When they are old enough to get married they will probably think my dress is too old fashion for them. I remember my nieces (Kayla and Melissa) asking me to saving the dress because they want to wear it when they are old enough to get married. I wonder if they still feel that way now that they are in college. :)

Below is Samantha and Maddie wearing my dress this morning before school.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM , Blogger geodiva said...

Just lovely :-) You have such sweet girls and what a cute picture Idea! Love, GeoDiva

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger StephieAnne said...

Wow - what a great mom you are to give them that opportunity to try it on. They must have been ecstatic and felt like royalty. My dress is "preserved" in a box beneath my bed. It was a bit of a vintage style, so who knows - maybe my daughter will find it to her liking someday.... Sadly, though, she won't get to try it on until she's serious enough to consider using it herself!

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger webchyck said...

Fun photos! What else can you do with a wedding dress? Hannah's gonna take mine to Actors Cabaret. They dye them and use them for plays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home