Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Overwhelmed

Samantha has decided she wants to switch bedrooms with Maddie. Maddie doesn't like this idea because has a much bigger bedroom.

In Samantha's room she has floor to ceiling shelves (4 of them). 2 of the shelves are covered with my stamping, scrapbooking and pictures stuff. I've decided it is time for me to get rid of some of that stuff and free up the shelves!

I have a hard time parting with things. But I began the process with no plan in mind and now I've made a huge mess that I don't want to clean it up.

Some people are truly gifted with skills of being able to organize and get rid of stuff. That was NOT in my skills list when I was made. I currently struggle to not become a pack rat. In our home we began to feel like we are busting at the seams. I know there is a solution to that problem; if I would just declutter the house it wouldn't seem small anymore. That is where the cycle begins: I get motivated and start to declutter which leads to me making a mess and then I feel overwhelmed. So, then I don't know what to do next so I leave the mess and escape to my computer. Not a good plan because Samantha can't see the top of her bed.

I do feel blessed that Samantha is one of those people I mentioned above who can organize. That skills was passed down from G'ma Joan to my Mom and then to Samantha. How did it skip a generation?

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM , Blogger Jay said...

It must be because the two of us married and put an unorganized force field around us so went directly to the kids.

OK, so maybe just the first kid!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home