Thursday, January 10, 2008

Implant surgery

 


Above is a picture of my mouth after they extracted my tooth. Jay took a picture with his iphone of the computer screen and I cropped it down so you didn't get all my personal my info.

If you don't remember all my tooth drama from this summer here are the links to catch you up.

Yesterday I had implant surgery. I went in at 9:30 a.m. for the surgery. I'm so glad they put me under again for this procedure. Beside the rod in my mouth (drilled into my cheek bone) I also have stitches.

Yesterday my Mom and Jay took off of work to take care of me and the kids. My mom ran Samantha to her math class and helped Maddie and Andrew with their school work. Jay was incharge of me. :)

Today, I'm by myself with the kids. I'm still in bed in my pj's catching cat naps when I can get a quiet moment. I woke up lastnight in a lot of pain. Jay was so sweet when he got up this morning he made me breakfast in bed with a side order of antibiotics and painkillers.

The kids are restless today. So, parenting from my bed isn't the easiest thing.

So, I'm taking all kinds of meds and I have all kinds of rules of what not to do for the next 4 months while the implant heals.
NO: chips or crunchy food
NO: chewy food (like steak or pot roast)
NO: sonicare toothbrush
NO: lifting

This is to hopefully avoid me knocking the implant out. The big bummer about this whole procedure is it is not covered by insurance and the procedure is not guaranteed to take. But it has a 90% rate of working.
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 8:41 PM , Blogger Gombojav Tribe said...

No lifting???

 
At 3:39 AM , Blogger Beth Cotell said...

Oh my goodness. This is bad on so many levels...a rod in your mouth? no crunchy or chewy food? no lifting?? not covered by insurance?

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Keep us posted on how you are doing!

 
At 5:22 AM , Blogger jennwa said...

That does not sound fun. I hope you feel better soon. I be praying for you.

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger Liza on Maui said...

I'm not sure if you knew I had dental implants done last year. Here's a link to one of my posts:

http://lizas-eyeview.blogspot.com/2007/06/dental-implants-dental-paraesthesia-and.html

I have 3 implants and all working great! It's so worth it (even though we had to get an equity our of our house to afford it).

Liza

 
At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've had mouth surgery (repairing a nerve that an idiot dentist severed) and I have an intense fear of dentists and oral surgeons. Speedy healing to you. I hope you like yogurt. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home