Monday, December 17, 2007

Talk about Tuesday: Organizing shelves

I'm joining the blog carnival called Talk about Tuesday. If you want to see what others are "talking" about check it out here.

I'm going to talk about what I did this past weekend. I cleared these shelves and reorganized them. It was overwhelming at times and it forced me to make hard decisions on what to do with "extra" things I had.

Below are the final pictures. I wish I had been smart enough to take before pictures. To some of you it may look like I still need to organize the shelves and to others who have been to my house they will under stand how much work I've done.

Left side:
Top 2 shelves-> are my Girl Scout shelves. On the top shelf is my file bucket for scouts. It was a mess. 6 years of papers. I ended up filling the recycle bucket twice.
Then below that are the games. You might not be able to tell but I weeded out some "younger" kid games.


Right side:
Top shelf-> books (just general books)
2nd shelf-> home schooling books (manuals and text books)
Then there is a shelf of empty notebooks waiting to be used.
Then next is my "paper" shelf (computer paper and mailing stuff)
Bottom 2 shelves-> craft supplies


Blue box-> recycle bucket (2nd time filling it up)
Next box-> Goodwill
1st paper bag-> to sale homeschool boxes
Last paper bag-> to pass on to a friend


It felt good to clean up the shelves. One step at a time.
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 2:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shelves look great!!!

Holly from FIAR

 
At 4:19 AM , Blogger Lara said...

Way to go! It all looks very neat and organized to me!

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Wow! It feels good to get so much done! Good job!

 
At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great!

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Looks great! I have several shelves that need to be cleaned off as well.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Those shelves look great! Sometimes it's more mentally challenging than you would thing to clear off shelves, isn't it?

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

Doesn't it feel great to get something organized and clean?! Great job!

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger Ter said...

good for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home