Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WFMW: Bread Bowls

Today is WFMW over at Shannon's blog. If you want more tips you can check out her blog.

My kids like to use bread bowls for their chili. I buy a two pack of bread bowls at the local grocery store bakery.

 


Then I angle a serrated knife and cut around the top (like pumpkin).

 


I pull out the extra "dough" and fill the bowl with chili and top it with cheese. Yummy! The kids like eating the "inners" of the bread bowl.

 


Give it a try if you are looking at making dinner or lunch more fun. :)
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm. that looks yum.
Gonna try it next time I make chili.

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Misty said...

bread bowls make any soup/stew better!

 
At 4:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I think my son would enjoy eating his stew in this!

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger jennwa said...

That looks so good. I want one now.

 
At 8:12 AM , Blogger Britni said...

They're also great for appetizers like spinach and artichoke dip where you want to be able to dip bread in. Yum!

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Great meal tip! We have a great chili dish that would be perfect with this. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Barb said...

You know, as many times as I've seen bread like this scooped out to make bowls, for stews and dips, you'd think I would have tried it.

I think I may just surprise my family with this idea next time we all get together for dinner.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home