Friday, September 21, 2007

Free Birds

Or maybe I should say "Foxes". This Sunday is our 12th anniversary! Twelve years ago we were living in Pennsylvania and knew we wanted to move back to my home state. So, for our "honeymoon" we drove across the United States and along the way we camped. When we arrived in Oregon we went to the coast and camped in the back of the truck under the stars.

Fast forward to now! Jay thinks it would be fun to do that again. So, we are going to take the seats out of the vans (middle ones...the back ones fold down in) and throw the air mattress down and sleep in the back of the van (at a camp ground). For those of you who know me know I'm the "Troop Beverly Hills Girl Scout Leader." I'm not a camping type of person. I would prefer to stay at a hotel. But you know what?! This a child-free trip. Jay and I are going back to our roots! Too bad we couldn't have our bodies and energy from back then.

The kids are going to spend the weekend at my Mom's house. Pray for her! :)

We don't really have any plans per say.... we are just going with no agenda. It is going to be great. I'm so use to planning everything out that I'm not sure I'll be able to function in an unplanned world. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home