Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Purse clutter

My purse looks like a bomb of receipts went off in it. I need a good working solution to cutting down on the paper clutter within my purse. Does anyone have a system that works well for them?

Maybe it is the product I have (meaning the type of wallet or purse) that makes it look like a paper monster went off in my purse??!

I need suggestions! What do you do with all the receipts you get? Once I pay for something with my debit card I just throw the receipt in my purse and off I go. I feel like I would be holding up the "line" at the register if I took the time put the receipt in my purse (but then again I'm not sure WHERE I would put it). See, my problem?! :)

6 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Blogger Cameleon said...

I keep a sandwinch ziplock bag in my purse to put my receips in. I use to go through the same thing.Now when the bag gets full , i transfer it to my storage box.
I hope this helps.

 
At 1:42 AM , Blogger Marcia Francois said...

Rather take the 10 seconds to put it away properly than use an hour once you're overwhelmed :)

I like terry's idea very much.

I would clear it out every time I'm back from running errands. A lot of the time it is the type of handbag you use. I blogged about it here http://organisingtips.blogspot.com/2007/04/works-for-me-wednesday-organising-my.html

 
At 6:54 AM , Blogger Family O'Foxes said...

Thank you both for your tips!!! I will try them.

My mom told me I should of taken a picture for everyone to see how bad it is. hee hee!
~Amy

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Tamara said...

I keep them with my checkbook. That way when I get home, all I have to do is transfer all of the receipts (after they are written in of course) into an accordian folder so when I need to return something, I ALWAYS have the receipt! This is just what I started this year because last year, I reached my limit of returning things without a receipt at both Target and Walmart... NOT THIS YEAR :)

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Marcia Francois said...

Oh Amy, I wanted to say if you don't have a bag/ purse/ whatever with pockets, use mesh bags to keep your things sorted.

My first pref is a nice bag with lots of pockets. But some are really cute and I can't pass them up (did you see Tuesday's post with my 20 bags LOL) so I have mesh bags to organise the contents.

Your mom is right - please post pictures and then come tell me it's up. Better still, do a before and after for me :)

Organising Queen,
Clutter Control Freak and
Marcia's take charge blog

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger Gombojav Tribe said...

Amy, on my mom's blog there is a link for Pursekets. They are pretty cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home