Monday, September 24, 2007

Visual Cleaner

I sure wish I wasn't motivated by other people's post because now I have a huge under taking going on in my living room. Barb has been posting all last week about cleaning her house. Not just regular cleaning but deep cleaning. I thought that sounded like a good idea to do since I don't already have a million other things going on in my life.

What was I thinking? I now have a huge mess (yes, I know you must create a mess to clean a mess)!! :) I've been scrubbing the living room walls (that isn't so bad). The bad part was when I decided to clean the blinds. I washed them by hand. I thought that mess was never going to end. Is there an easier way to clean blinds than to wash each blade by hand?

I'm almost done with the walls. Next will be vacuuming. Vacuuming is my all time favorite chore to do. I've loved it since I was kid. I remember going to my friends homes and vacuuming (because it is always more fun to clean someone else's house than your own).

Anyone else going to join Barb in Fall cleaning? She has several post to motivate you!

4 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Oh dear, Amy. I think I've created some cleaning monsters. LOL

I seriously do not know an easier way to clean blinds. I guess some people take them down and take them outside and hose them off but that doesn't get the grimy sticky dirt off, for me. Honestly, just put some good music on to help you through the agony and boredom of it all and endeavor to perservere until it's done. :-)

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Kelley said...

Hi Amy...

Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog today. I did post a response to your comment there. Happy fall cleaning!

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger SAHMmy Says said...

I finally posted some photos! Since you're on a cleaning streak, pop over and take a look at my little project!

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Blind cleaning: Give child a baby wipe and make him do it! Works for baseboards too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home