Tuesday, December 18, 2007

WFMW- Watering a Poinsettia

I can't believe it is already time for Works-for-me-Wednesday. You can find other tips by clicking here.

To water a poinsettia and not "over water it" just place 2 or 3 ice cubes (depending on the size of your poinsettia) in the soil. It will slowly melt and not kill your poinsettia. Check the dirt every few days to see if feels dry. If so add an ice cube or two.

If you need a good way to water your Christmas tree....check out my last weeks post. You can click on the picture to see it better.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:12 AM , Blogger Kathy in WA said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

My kids know me so well, my Christmas poinsetta is ... fake. :) I have a BLACK thumb. I'm notorious for killing even the hardiest of plants.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:59 AM , Blogger Beth Cotell said...

Thanks for the tip. I killed two beautiful poinsettas this year and had already decided that next year I wasn't going to buy any. I will have to give this a try!

 
At 5:30 AM , Blogger jennwa said...

Thanks for the tip , I need all the help I can get, when it comes to taking care of plants.

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger Mrs. Troop said...

Thanks for the idea! I have a HUGE poinsettia that my dad sent and I've been checking it/worrying about it for a week.

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger Veggiemomof2 said...

Thanks! I'm not a plant person & I"m killing this one!

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. I KILL plants and was rather concerned when my grandma gave me a huge poinsettia. I decided that I need to pas to my mil who likes plants and can keep them alive but I have to keep it alive until then. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home