Tuesday, September 11, 2007

WFMW- REDBOX

Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer is hosting Works For Me Wednesday.

We recently discovered a new thing called REDBOX. Around here you found them in McDonald's and Albertsons. You can rent a movie for a $1.00 a night and you can return it to ANY REDBOX. You can even order it online and it will be waiting for you to pick it up.

This past Sunday when we went to Portland we rented a kid movie through REDBOX and then returned it to Eugene when we returned back home. How cool is that?!

There are lots of movies I won't ever watch but there are few that we have seen. I'm not sure why they have so many horror movies but maybe if they see enough people renting other movies they will start getting more of that genre.

Every Tuesday they get more "new" movies to rent. Also get your first rental free by entering the code- REDBOX.

Just be careful you will start saying "it is only dollar"...so, when you drop off the movie then you pick up another movie because it is only a dollar.

~Amy

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 6:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Redbox. We've been using it for about 6 months now. What is it with the horror movies? I get creeped out just scrolling through the titles.

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Reighnie said...

I think I've seen these in the grocery stores.

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger SAHMmy Says said...

That sounds so cool! Haven't seen them in CA, though. This would work well for travelling--we almost always hit a McDonald's at some point, and hotel movies cost about $10-$15--just can't bring myself to pay that much!

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have seen these things and I have been curious about how it all works...thanks for sharing!

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I haven't seen them here in the Black Hills but it wouldn't surprise me if this catches on. Thanks!

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger SAHMmy Says said...

Amy, send me your email address to sahmmysays@earthlink.net and I promise I'll stop cluttering up your blog with responses to your comments! :) I only scrub the bathrooms down during naptimes once per week, the rest is all about iced tea and blog reading! Pepsi sounds mighty tasty though--wish I had some now!

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Bird Stalker Photography said...

I wish we had that here! Stuck with the expensive rentals ! Thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 6:54 AM , Blogger Jen said...

We dont have one here.....I do get alot of our movies at the library though,,,,good tip

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home