Tuesday, April 08, 2008

WFMW- testing egg freshness

If you need to know if an egg sitting in your fridge is still fresh then I have the answer for you! This works well also if you buy farm fresh eggs because there is no "date" marked on the cartoon for how long the egg is fresh for.

1st- fill a cup with cold water.
 


2nd- place the egg in the cup and if it floats then it is no good. Throw it out. Otherwise if the egg sits on the bottom of the glass then it is fine to go.
 
Posted by Picasa


Visit Shannon's blog for more WFMW ideas.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 9:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So simple and yet I have never hear o f it thanks!

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger The Empty Nest said...

That is a great tip. I never knew that and it is really easy to remember.

Thanks for stopping by my blog "The Empty Nest" and commenting. Sorry you had to go to all that trouble to find me, but glad you did. I will check my URL on Shannon's site.

 
At 4:33 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Wow, I never knew this - thanks!

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Excellent tip, thank you!

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Meliss said...

Thanks for the tip. I had never heard of that.

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger jennwa said...

That is good to know.

 
At 11:37 PM , Blogger Shari said...

That's very interesting. My kids are going to have fun doing this.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Amy said...

That is a great tip and I will definitely be trying that. I am sure there are a few bad eggs around here :)

 
At 11:17 AM , Blogger Teresa said...

Great tip! It actually floats because the older the egg, the more air that builds up in it. :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home