Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tagged~

My blog friend Stephanie tagged me for a meme.

Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

1. I'm an only child. I always wanted to have an older brother. When I was little I use to pretend I had an older brother.

2. I use to play tennis in high school. I was #1 singles for our team and I played year round.. Here is the irony...we have tennis court right outside our back door and I NEVER play anymore. In the 8 years we have lived here I have probably pick up my racquet to play 3 times.

3. Jay and I met 14 1/2 years ago over the internet. He was a Senior at Slippery Rock University (Pa) and I was a Senior at the U of O. We use to telnet (does anyone still do that?) to a college "talker". It was all text based. This was before computers are what they are today. People didn't have them in their homes.

4. I had our 3 kids in less than 3 years. It was crazy times when they were little.

5. I love watching TV. Probably comes from the fact that when I was 2 years old my Mom threw our TV out the window because she was frustrated with my Dad watching TV. So, I grew up withOUT a TV.

6. I'm addicted to Facebook right now. I've used myspace in the past to keep in touch with our Portland friends and family across the country. Then I got a Facebook and I've been connecting up with my highschool friends.

If you want to know more quirky things about me ...I did another MeMe last June. You can check it out here.

Okay, I tag: Jay, Tara, Jill, Raellyn, Cari, and Becky.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM , Blogger StephieAnne said...

Wow, you guys could be one of the first internet success stories! That's very cool.

I really like tv, but unlike you, grew up with it as a "constant" always on as a background atmosphere. It is really only recently that I've become comfortable visiting with someone or in a home that does not have a tv on in the background. It's very comforting to me, but also something that I can tune out. I believe my children will probably end up just like me.

My hubby just discovered Facebook only a couple of weeks ago and is very addicted. Every day he tells me about a new friend. Yesterday the big news was that Jeremiah Johnson (Ducks) is his friend and proudly announces his Christianity on his Facebook page...

By the way - congratulations on being debt free - that is a very rare accomplishment and something to be super proud of!

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger Family O'Foxes said...

Watch out...Facebook is very addicting.
I laughed when I read about JJ...because lastnight when I got to the gym to pick up my son one of the mom's asked if I just saw Luke Jackson. Apparently he had just come into the gym.

It was weird growing up without a tv...when my hubby ask me if I remember such show from when we were kids...I always look at him like he is crazy. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home